CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Irritated

If your kid is taking swim lessons you usually feel pretty safe that everything will be fine cause they are with certified instructors right??? WRONG. My sweet little Degan somehow wandered too far and started going under a couple of times. Thank goodness another instructor found him right when Degan's teacher and myself noticed that Degan was missing. All I am saying is watch your kids when they are taking swimming Level 1. DO NOT trust these little young lifeguards to catch everything. I am so grateful that everything was fine after a few watery coughs and lots of hugs and kisses. We even were able to get him to go back in. I love my sweet boy, his main concern was drinking the yucky water. Especially since on Wednesday a little girl threw up in his swim class, GROSS!!! Jon and I have now decided that private lessons are the only way to go. I will only do private lessons from now on, it will be well worth it.

5 comments:

4Girls4Me

That's so scary!! I'm so glad he's okay! I do worry sometimes that the super-young teachers don't have the experience to be working with the tiny kids who can't swim... My cousin Karen Tobler teaches private lessons at the Legacy Center. She was working with Bayli while we were in Utah this summer. She's awesome. :)

The James

That is scary!!! Degan is a tough little guy to go back to his lesson.

The Stephens Family

I'm so sorry that you had a scare. We were at the pool in Davis years ago with the gals from the ward and I almost let Adam drown. We were so busy talking that I didn't even notice he was floating face down in the water! Yikes - bad mother of the century award for me. I thought he was safe in a 12 inch deep pool, but I was wrong. So...I know how you feel. I'm glad he's okay.
Melissa

The Stephens Family
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbi by the Sea

So happy that all turned out well. That was always my greatest fear when my gang was doing the swimming bit. Love your blog and all the new events. Thanks for sharing.
lv u