CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

DEGAN'S BIRTHDAY

On Friday September 19, 2008 Degan turned 4 years old. I love my little guy so much and can't believe how these 4 years have flown by. He is 4 but really acts like a 6 or 7 year old sometimes, I guess because he is around Tyler and just thinks that is what a normal 4 year old does. His vocabulary always amazes me and Jon. He uses words like 'actually, enormous, and of course others that I will have to come back to fill in because I can't remember right now. He is a sweetheart that you can usually find right next to me. I know that my neighbors have probably heard me say "get away from me" which sounds so mean but if you had someone under your feet at ALL times you might catch yourself saying it too. I really love having him around all the time but it is sometimes very hard to get things done. He loves to hug, kiss, play with and bug Elora. He also loves to play with and bug Tyler so much. Tyler is HIS buddy. We are so grateful to have Degan in our family. I put 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' on my playlist because when Degan was in the nursery at the hospital I would sing it to him while I fed him. He had some breathing issues and of course Jaundice. Whenever I hear that song I think of my sweet boy. I am truly blessed to have such WONDERFUL kids.


Degan wanted a 'Go Diego, Go' birthday party. He picked all of his guests and was soooo excited to tell everyone that called him on his birthday that he was 4 and that our neighbor Lexi was coming to his party. After the party Degan got a couple more phone calls and he told them that he was 4 and that Lexi came to his party. Thank you Lexi for being such a good friend. Even if you are 7 years old, see what I mean, he has no idea that there is an age difference.

Homemade Diego cupcakes. Way easier and cheaper than buying a store bought cake.

Craft project was to make the Rescue pack. I should have made it a bit more challenging for the older kids but the little ones liked it.

Make a wish!!!

Playing "Diego says(like Simon says).....be a jaguar"

The kids loved playing this. They were also monkeys, snakes, crocodiles, macaws and whatever else they could think of.


I LOVE YOU BIG BOY!!!

4 comments:

4Girls4Me

He really is the cutest little thing!! The party looks like fun & the cupcakes came out super cute! Happy Birthday Degan!!

The James

Degan is really growing up. I didn't recognize him at first in the picture of him blowing out his candles. He is a cutie. Thanks for having my boys at Degan's fun party.

Kendells

Degan is such a fun boy! Thank you for inviting Addy and letting Conner come to help her, they had lots of fun.

Sherian

I just love him! He is a favorite at our house. Thanks for letting him come hang out with us. We all can't get enough of him, and his awesome vocabulary. I love to hear how proud he is to be 4.
Lexi had a blast at the party! Trust me, she not doing him any favors. She loves playing with him just as much as he likes her. We'll see how long it'll last. At some point Degan might find out she has 'cooties'.